Monday, January 2, 2017

What if I fly?

It is natural to think about the worse case scenario but when we allow negative thoughts to consume our lives, we begin to live our fears instead of our dreams. You see, our thoughts are very powerful- they slowly become words spewing out our mouths. We hear these thoughts frequently, they become actions; actions practiced forms into unbreakable habits. It is advisable to dwell on the success of your goals rather than the possibility of failure. Who am I to write on this topic?

I have lived my fears far too long, forced myself into thinking I am not talented, I don't have any time, I am not creative enough, they're gonna laugh at me, failure to invest in my art. Failure to invest in personal development and failure to take advice from others. But, in the middle of 2016 I asked myself What if I fly? I kept focusing on the possibility of failure; it sucked all my energy and I finally asked myself - What if i soar like the eagle? Who am I not to  succeed? Why do I fail to develop my talents? 

The year 2016 has inspired me to shift my focus and to challenge myself to fly.

Wouldn't you like to experience the world from above, instead of in it or beneath it? 
I watched as a few young people, my age and younger excel in all areas you can imagine and its my turn now. 

Are you asking yourself, What if I fly? 

2017 has taken off already, I hope you'll soar higher and higher as the days progress.

- Elvy Soltau (Writer, Mc, Motivational speaker) 

I will fly.


5 comments:

  1. Great read. I have done this too. Thinking that I can't do this or that because it's not the right time, I don't have this or know that...
    The right time is now. Every moment is the right place in doing what should be accomplished then. If not I, then who will do it for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wany to fly and soar too to but, up there in the sky, there's procrastination, self-doubt, and obstacles, iIfeel like once we getgrid of sucj turbulences, we become limitless. Good Read!

    ReplyDelete